Labels

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Victory Ham and Bacon from Cygnet Butcher

This has got to be some of the best bacon and ham I have tasted in a long time.  It has a delicate smokey flavour without the heavy salty taste, due to the natural process in which it is cured and smoked, and accompanies all the usual ingredients very nicely.  I cooked some up the other day with some home-grown broad beans and garlic and a bit of thyme and parsley, served on a thick slice of sourdough I bought from the Summer Kitchen stall at Salamanca Market.  I have, however, noticed with concern that the free-range label has been removed from the packet, so i'm not entirely sure if it still a free-range product, which was the reason why I decided to buy it in the first place, as purchasing ethical meats and produce is something I advocate.  Aside from buying direct from the butcher, you can find the product from most places selling small goods, such as the Salad Bowl in South Hobart, Meredith's in Margate, and IGA stores.  

Here is a link to the Cygnet Butcher web page

http://cygnetbutcher.com.au/


© Tasmaniasfeast 2012.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment